THE EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN TANZANIA-NORTH EASTERN DIOCESE (ELCT – NED)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant position of Director of Social services at ELCT -NED head office Lushoto
Job title: Director for Social Services Reporting to Diocesan General Secretary Nature of Work:
Performs a variety of administrative, technical and professional work in preparation and implementation of education, health and a diaconia programs and services within the NED
This is full time position where a director is responsible for working closely with Heads of Departments and Education, Women and Children, Gender, Youth and Students in North Eastern Diocese.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs social services and the goals and objectives of the
- Responsible for long term and short term strategic social services plans in the Directorate including Education, Health and diaconal, youth and TSCF and Gender and
- Visit Institutions and advice on different issues concerning Administration and
- Participate in all boards and committee meeting as an ex-official.
- Developing projects proposal concerning social services and seek source of income to fund
- To build strong relationship between Diocese and other stakeholders including preparing and implementation of memorandum of understanding and other partnership
- Undertake other duties assigned by the General Secretary
Training and Experience Required:
- Considerable experience at least 5 year in social services, including administrative capability
- Masters holder, preferably with specialization in social services, theology, laws and Administration from a recognized
- Considerable knowledge of Diaconia
- Ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals, businesses, supervisors, employees, and the general
- Ability to establish working relationships with other organizations and social services partners.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports and data, and have skill in the operation of necessary tools and equipment, i.e. computer, word processing, spreadsheet software, and general office equipment.
Contract period: The holder of this position will be offered a contract of three years- renewable
Mode of Application:
Interested candidate should send their applications enclosing photocopies of certificates, curriculum vitae, telephone number and contact addresses of three referees to the address below
Evangelical Lutheran Church - North Eastern Diocese
P.O Box 10 Lushoto-Tanga
The closing date for receiving application is August 13th, 2021 at 16.00 hours.