EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN TANZANIA
NORTH EASTERN DIOCESE
P.O.BOX 10 (TEL. 027-2660027/FAX 027-2660092) LUSHOTO
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (I)
We are seeking for a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in accounting, business management or procurement and supply.
- 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail.
Mode of application
P.O BOX 10,
The deadline to receive applications will be on 24/11/2023 by 04:00 pm.