EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN TANZANIA
NORTH EASTERN DIOCESE
P.O.BOX 10 (TEL. 027-2660027/FAX 027-2660092) LUSHOTO
JOB OPPORTUNITY FOR A RADIO TECHNICIAN
We are seeking for a Radio technician who can maintain and repair radio communications towers, guy-wires, lighting, and associated electronic control equipment. Maintains troubleshoots, repairs, and aligns communications, microwave, control, audio, speed measuring, test, and associated electronic equipment.
Who possesses thorough knowledge of radio construction and able to improvise, when necessary, to maintain equipment in a serviceable condition. Ability to design, or modify, equipment to meet specific requirements. Ability to diagnose trouble rapidly and to apply corrective measures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and repair radio equipment.
- Monitor the functionality and performance of radio units, troubleshooting issues and malfunctions that may arise.
- Perform scheduled testing, repair and upgrades of radio transmitters and receivers.
- Documenting step-by-step repair instructions and troubleshooting guides, and working with upper management to develop periodic maintenance charts to eliminate or minimize off air hours.
- Install new equipment or upgrade existing systems as needed by the station include adding new antennas to replacing old cables or other hardware components.
- Traveling to sites in the field to perform scheduled testing, repair, and upgrades.
- Keeps all technical facilities in a good running order and tries to improve them wherever possible and write’s technical report.
- Degree holders in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Electronics & Communications are motivated to apply.
- Knowledge in ICT is an added advantage.
Mode of application
P.O BOX 10,
The deadline to receive applications will be on 24/11/2023 by 04:00 pm.