JOB VACANCY: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION.
The North Eastern Diocese (NED) is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania with its headquarters in Lushoto Town, Tanga Region.
The Diocese under various names was first established in 1892 by Bethel Mission. It is registered under the Societies Act, CAP 337.
Besides its core activities i.e Mission and Evangelism, NED owns Diakonia institutions, Hospitals, Schools, Colleges and Income Generating Projects.
NED is inviting applications from suitable candidates to fill the vacant post of Director of Finance and Administration
Accountability: Responsible to the General Secretary
The DoF is an ex–officio member of the Diocese Executive Council as well as the Board of Trustees. He/She is responsible for Head Office and Diocesan-wide financial matters, accounting and administration.
This is a full time position; a Director is responsible for working closely with all other directorates, institutions, Districts and parishes in promoting financial adherence, procedures and regulations for the interest of the Development and fulfillment of the Vision and Mission of the North Eastern Diocese.
- Planning, coordinating and control of the finances of the Diocese,
- Coordination of budget preparation,
- Manage Head Office accounting and supervise all Diocese accounts staff,
- Prepare periodical management accounts and Annual Financial Statements/ reports with highest follow up of given time
- Training and development of the Diocese accounting staff,
- Head the Administrative section of the Head Office,
- Compliance with relevant laws, regulations and agreements,
- Financial matters of joint development and service delivery
- Assure order, adherence to and abiding to ethical procedures of financial
- Ensure that all units under the Diocese are externally audited
Key Qualifications, Experience and Competences
- Must hold Masters in accounting, finance or related field and registered as a CPA (T) by the NBAA.
- At least two years working experience at senior level in finance and
- Must have practical experience in using computer accounting programs preferably Sage, Accpack, Quick books and have data base skills,
- Experience in a Faith Based Organization will be an added
Essential Personal Attributes
- An upright Christian with high degree of integrity
- Highly motivated, creative, team player with good communication skills
- Fluently in both written and spoken Kiswahili and
- Age Limit, not more than 55years
An attractive remuneration package based on performance will be offered to the successful candidate
Mode of application:
Interested qualified individuals should send applications with detailed Cv, photocopies of certificates and a recent passport size photograph. Also provide names and contact addresses of three reliable referees.
Applications should be sent to the following address not later than 13th August 2021. Only short listed candidate will be contacted.
The General Secretary NORTH EASTERN DIOCESE
P.O. Box 10 LUSHOTO.