ELCT North Eastern Diocese
Kaimu katibu Mkuu wa KKKT- Dayosisi ya Kaskazini Mashariki Mch. Godfrey Tahona Walalaze kwa niaba ya uongozi wa KKKT- Dayosisi ya Kaskazini Mashariki anasikitika kutangaza kifo cha mke wa marehemu Mch. Yohana Nyaki, Mama Makinyemi Y. Nyaki kilichotokea leo tarehe 30/07/2021 nyumbani kwao Fuizai, mazishi yatafanyika siku ya kesho mchana tarehe 31/07/2021 na Ibada ya mazishi itafanyika katika Usharika wa Fuizai .
Uongozi unatoa pole kwa familia ya marehemu Mch.Yohana Nyaki, ndugu, jamaa na marafiki popote pale walipo. BWANA alitoa, na BWANA ametwaa; jina la BWANA na libarikiwe.
- Hits: 50
Askofu wa KKKT-Dayosisi ya Kaskazini Mashariki Mch.Dkt.Msafiri Joseph Mbilu leo tarehe 26/07/2021 ameongoza Ibada ya mazishi ya Mama Catherine M. Kanju ambaye ni Mama mzazi wa Msaidizi wa Askofu KKKT-Dayosisi ya Kaskazini Mashariki Mch. Michael Mlondakweli Kanju.
- Hits: 132
JOB VACANCY: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION.
The North Eastern Diocese (NED) is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania with its headquarters in Lushoto Town, Tanga Region.
The Diocese under various names was first established in 1892 by Bethel Mission. It is registered under the Societies Act, CAP 337.
Besides its core activities i.e Mission and Evangelism, NED owns Diakonia institutions, Hospitals, Schools, Colleges and Income Generating Projects.
NED is inviting applications from suitable candidates to fill the vacant post of Director of Finance and Administration
Accountability: Responsible to the General Secretary
The DoF is an ex–officio member of the Diocese Executive Council as well as the Board of Trustees. He/She is responsible for Head Office and Diocesan-wide financial matters, accounting and administration.
This is a full time position; a Director is responsible for working closely with all other directorates, institutions, Districts and parishes in promoting financial adherence, procedures and regulations for the interest of the Development and fulfillment of the Vision and Mission of the North Eastern Diocese.
- Planning, coordinating and control of the finances of the Diocese,
- Coordination of budget preparation,
- Manage Head Office accounting and supervise all Diocese accounts staff,
- Prepare periodical management accounts and Annual Financial Statements/ reports with highest follow up of given time
- Training and development of the Diocese accounting staff,
- Head the Administrative section of the Head Office,
- Compliance with relevant laws, regulations and agreements,
- Financial matters of joint development and service delivery
- Assure order, adherence to and abiding to ethical procedures of financial
- Ensure that all units under the Diocese are externally audited
Key Qualifications, Experience and Competences
- Must hold Masters in accounting, finance or related field and registered as a CPA (T) by the NBAA.
- At least two years working experience at senior level in finance and
- Must have practical experience in using computer accounting programs preferably Sage, Accpack, Quick books and have data base skills,
- Experience in a Faith Based Organization will be an added
Essential Personal Attributes
- An upright Christian with high degree of integrity
- Highly motivated, creative, team player with good communication skills
- Fluently in both written and spoken Kiswahili and
- Age Limit, not more than 55years
An attractive remuneration package based on performance will be offered to the successful candidate
Mode of application:
Interested qualified individuals should send applications with detailed Cv, photocopies of certificates and a recent passport size photograph. Also provide names and contact addresses of three reliable referees.
Applications should be sent to the following address not later than 13th August 2021. Only short listed candidate will be contacted.
The General Secretary NORTH EASTERN DIOCESE
P.O. Box 10 LUSHOTO.
- Hits: 96
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT- GENERAL SECRETARY OF NORTH EASTERN DIOCESE
- This is a full time position; the General Secretary is responsible for working closely with all Directorates, Diocesan Districts, Parishes, Institutions, Partners to the Diocese both Local and International in furthering the Mission and Vision of the Diocese and attaining highest level iof the goals of the North Eastern
- Coordinate and manage performance of all North Eastern Diocese
- Coordinate and manage all matters pertaining to properties of the diocese income, use and projects of the diocese
- He shall be the employer of all servants of the diocese at the local level, congregations, diocese, diocesan centers and the main diocesan office on behalf of the Executive Council.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- He/She is the chief Executive of all administrative matters and therefore will oversee the implementation of the decisions of the higher session and valid instructions of the higher decision making bodies of the North Eastern Diocese.
- He/she will be the leader of all Directors of the North Eastern Diocese
- The General Secretary as a leader is expected to be ready to welcome, receive advice and also provide recommendations and instructions to the Directors who in their positions have the opportunity to communicate with General Secretary directly without going through the third
- He/ She will lead other servants and ensure that the procedures and materials of administrative work are adequate in carrying out their responsibilities and ensure smoothly flow of information from the diocesan leadership to the congregation and
- Coordinate the performance of all staff of the North Eastern
- In collaboration with the Bishop he will prepare the agenda of the General Assembly, the Executive Council, the Executive Committee and other high level meetings of the North Eastern
- Will oversee the writing and distribution of the General Assembly, Executive Council, Executive Committee documents, in accordance with the procedure laid down or as may be prescribed by the Executive Council of the Diocese.
- He/ She will ensure that meetings are held at all levels and that each department meeting is held timely and supervise the keeping of the relevant sessions
- Coordinate and manage the budget, plans and projects for the development and economic growth of the
- He/ She will be the custodian of important documents, diocesan seal and diocesan
- He/ She will oversee the implementation of the agreement of the General Assembly, the Executive Council and Executive Committee of the North Eastern
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance will arrange and oversee reports on the income expenditure and assets of the
- He/ She will fulfill other responsibilities that will arise as directed by the North Eastern Diocese council and the Bishop.
- He/ She will be one of the Diocesan
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POST
- To be a Lutheran Christian with a calling to serve the Church
- To be of not less than forty years(40) at the time of application
- Have a minimum standard education of Masters degree from a recognized University in the following fields: Theology, law, economy, social science or administrative matters/leadership with proved experience at work for not less than five (5) years in
- Be of outright moral standard, just and honest
Contract period: The holder of this position will be offered a contract of four years- renewable
Mode of Application:
- Interested candidate should send their applications enclosing photocopies of certificates, curriculum vitae, telephone number and contact addresses of three referees to the address
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and not
- The applicant must have a letter of identification from his/her
All applications be directed to:
Chairman of the Search Committee of the General Secretary, The Evangelical Lutheran Church - North Eastern Diocese
P.O Box 10 Lushoto-Tanga
The closing date for receiving application is August 13th, 2021 at 16.00 hours.
- Hits: 73
Page 1 of 41